Friday, January 22, 2010

My biopsy results came back as "positive," so I will not be in the 80% after all. On Thursday we had our consultation with biopsy nurse, who spent 1 1/2 hours explaining all aspect of breast cancer and today we had our discussion with Dr. Demers, my surgical oncologist. So now I feel like a walking encyclopedia. Since the lump is 2 cm and the specimen showed no nerve or blood vessel involvment, I decided to do a lumpectomy. During surgery they will identify if lymph nodes are involved. Otherwise, I will do radiation for 5-6 weeks for 5 days a week. Monday my medical and radiation oncologists will do my medical work up. Then we can schedule surgery for 7-10 days from now. In the last few days we have felt His peace through your prayers and we thank you and Him. We are confident that we have a loving and faithful God...who watches over us daily...counts the hairs on my head.. feeds the birds, so why worry...promises to give strength to those who wait with hope in the Lord. (Ps 40:31) So we will continue to be strong and courageous. (Joshua 1:9)

2 comments:

  1. You are in ours prayers and as promised Jesus is always with us in good and bad.
    Love, Lee and Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my prayers Carol Lynn. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do.

    Romans 12:12
    Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

    ReplyDelete