Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday, January 25,2010
Another very full day today. Met with medical oncologist and discussed my medical history. We received more info; had blood drawn; scheduled PET scan and breast MRI for Tues, Feb 2 (sister, Kathy's 65th); met radiation oncologist to learn about that routine which will probably consist of 33 treatments. Had my hormone receptor test come back negative which means I cannot be treated with hormones but will be on chemo for 3 months following surgery. If lymph nodes are involved we'll add another 3 months of chemo. So "one day at a time" takes on a new meaning...knowing that God is in control of my plan. Daughter, Kathy, sent me beautiful words for new Kutless video called "What Faith Can Do." Look it up. Awesome! Received my pink shirt from Julie for Terri's basketball team project to support breast cancer. On Feb. 20 Kevin's fraternity is having Cars for Cancer event featuring Keith's band.. Both were scheduled before their Mimi was diagnosed. I remain safe in God's hands..as my help come from the Lord. Ps 121. We end with a prayer of thanksgiving for Betty's successful surgery this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment