Saturday, April 3, 2010

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Blessed Easter to all of our friends and family. Because He lives, we shall live also. Hallelujah!!
We had permission to get on the road yesterday with all of the Easter travellers and spring break families and drive 11 hours to cabin for a few days. It is a wonderful respite..especially since I am at my low days in my chemo cycle (day 10-14) when my WBC is at its lowest. Doctor and Gary are not allowing me around crowds as my Thurs. blood test which was supposed to be minimum of 4.0 came back .9. Got 2 shots to boost my WBC and all is well. Had a busy few days as we celebrated Kevin's 19th birthday; had nephew Mark and wife Lindsey overnight while they search for housing for their move to Orlando; attended lymphodema clinic to learn more
stretch exercises and massages. Today we celebrate Jacob's 16th birthday. Got call on Sunday from neighbor at cabin who saw smoke coming up our mountain . He called 911 and we had 5 firetrucks, 15 firemen , 2 bulldozers and 5 neighbors with rakes, shovels and garden hoses fighting a brush fire. All is well...but it is nice to see it for ourselves. Last weekend Tyler's soccer team won both State cup games, so they are now in the final 8. Way to go. After much prayer we have listed our house in FL for sale. We have reserved a unit at Lutheran Haven that will be gutted and completed in 90 working days. That will allow us to spend a lot of cabin time once my chemo and radiation are completed . Too much commotion for me....but it is all very exciting. Again, we thank God for His protection and your prayers that we feel covering us every single day. We remember each of you in our prayers as well.
Love to all, Carol Lynn and Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment