Saturday, October 9, 2010

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Will be celebrating a big 50 birthday today for son in law, Keith. What a blessing he has been to our family. Just said goodbye to Gary's brother, Roger, who came from Maryland to spend several days with Mom Fink. Was a good visit. I see that it is National Daughter's Week. Just wanted to mention that we have 3 of the best. They have been such a support and blessing to Gary and me through all of their years. God has also enriched us with so many friends and extended family who have carried us through this unexpected year of cancer treatments. Hope you know how special and uplifting all your cards, calls, hugs, emails and facebook notes have been for us. One does not travel these roads by themselves. Last Monday was a milestone...as my port was removed. That means no more chemo. Thank you, Lord. We are getting ready to help at flea market at Haven. Funds are raised for those in nursing home whose funds have been depleted. Get regular updates on football for Sam and Joe. Will see a game shortly...as my radiation treatments (33) will be done by Nov. 8. We will be packed and head to GA soon after.
Last week's worship reminded us that God works through every trial. It is true. A verse that has been special to me comes from Ps 91:14-16..."Because he loves me, says the Lord, I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation." Prayers are requested for our friend, Jessica, who had thumb surgery from a soccer injury; Duane, Suzanne and Margaret for continued healing; Judy for direction for her doctors; protection and help for Jay's team that is working in Haiti this week and praise and thanksgiving for all He has done for me.
We send our love and prayers in your direction, Carol Lynn and Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment