Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday, August 31, 2010
We are at the cabin in the mountains for 2 weeks before my 6 1/2 weeks of daily radiation begins. Left MD Anderson after ringing the bell with my graduation certificate for completion of my chemo that began March 22. A very sincere and humble thank you to all of my prayer partners who lifted me up during that time. Our Great Physician held my hand throughout, kept side effects to a minimum and healed me. He is awesome and I give all praise to Him. Our Bible study group is discussing His Holiness. Wow. Attended healing service at Sat. church and Sunday's sermon highlighted "Discipleship" where Jesus ties us together and calls us into a relationship with Him. It entails loving, serving and telling...as well as risks, trust and sacrifice. As the song says..."Our God is greater, stronger and higher than any other...He is our healer and is awesome in power." Yes. Since my last blog we have packed boxes, moved to Lutheran Haven unit, unpacked boxes and closed on our house. What a whirlwind. It feels so right for us. We had wonderful helpers with family and friends. Thank you. Think we are the babies on the block. Gary's 94 year old Mom lives across the street from us. Our grandkids are back to school, college and jobs that include teaching and baggage handler for Sanford airport. Also involved in soccer, basketball and football. Sammy the Bull made his first touchdown. Yeh! Prayer requests include: Sheri, Margaret, Gretchen, Barb P., Gene, Debra, Duane, Chris, Stacy for their health issues. I liked Gary's comment as we left hospital when he said, "Today is the first day of the rest of my life after chemo." We are so blessed! Love to each of you, Carol Lynn and Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment